I am on a roll with this cookie business... And this week I stumbled across an idea for choc-chip cookies with sour cream. Sounds interesting... Challenge accepted.
As I'm increasingly finding with all cookies, they were incredibly easy. All the ingredients go in to a bowl, you mix a bit, then u bake and eat. There almost no way you can go wrong... Unless you get distracted and let them burn. Thankfully, this time, I did not let that happen.
The taste was much better than I had expected. The sour cream provided a very slight tang to the ever loved flavour and a chewy-ness that is to be rivaled. I was quite impressed!
Choc-chip Sour Cream Cookies
120 grams butter
1 1/2 cups caster sugar
1/2 cup sour cream
1 teaspoon vanilla extract
2 1/4 cups plain flour
1/2 teaspoon baking soda
A pinch of salt
2 cups chocolate chips
1. Preheat oven to 170 degrees celcius
2. Cream butter and sugar until they are light and fluffy
3. Add sour cream, vanilla and egg, beat until combined.
4. Add flour, baking soda and salt, mix well
5. Add choc chips and mix
6. Refrigerate for 1+ hours
7. Roll approx 1 1/2 tablespoons of dough into a ball and place on baking paper.
8. Cook for 15-20 minutes until edges are slightly browned.
9. Cool on baking tray until tray is touchable with bare hands, then transfer to a wire rack.
|Cream butter and sugar until light and fluffy|
|Roll dough into balls|
|Bake for 15-20 mins|
|Scrumptious yummy cookies|
Until next time....