Sunday 2 September 2012

Duchess of Spotswood

Went for a drive out to the west during the week and decided to pop in to the "Duchess of Spotswood" a little cafe just past the Westgate bridge.
My first visit was when the duchess had first opened and I had loved the food so I thought it was time to relive the experience.

Duchess of Spotswood.
Hudsons Road, Spotswood VICTORIA

There's a funny charm about the place. Their wooden chairs and decor seem a little vintage which in turn creates a warm and cosy feel to the little establishment. I personally love their oven; if you haven't already, take a peek.. I think it's fantastic.

Yummy beetroot salad!!!

Their menu had changed and although it is a little daunting to read at first (yes, I had to google remoulade) their food is fantastic.
I ordered the beetroot, goats cheese and walnut salad and I don't think I have ever eaten a meal as quickly as I did. This salad was divine, best I've ever had. It had slices of apple and was filled with ingredients that just went so well together.

Lamb Sandwich

The lamb sandwich was just as good. I was impressed.


I was so full after eating that delicious lunch that I did not opt for one of the cakes in the cabinet, but I was almost salivating. I have had cupcakes from there before that were delicious.

If you're around the area you should definitely pop in and give them a try. Although don't have your heart set on what we had because their menu does change frequently.

http://www.duchessofspotswood.com.au/index.php

Duchess of Spotswood on Urbanspoon

No comments:

Post a Comment